Some folks think being successful at collecting signatures for an initiative petition is difficult, but that’s just not the case. Here are four ways gathering signatures is easier than you think:
- People are curious
- People are naturally curious about what you have to say. Once you introduce yourself and why you’re out collecting signatures to make Missouri a better place, people ask tons of questions and take an interest in what you are saying.
- People want change
- Citizens want their representatives to be held accountable and be transparent about what happens in Jefferson City — when they’re supposed to be working for us! No matter their party, they want a level playing field for everyone, politicians and citizens alike.
- You get to meet new people
- From the people who sign your petitions to your fellow canvassers, there are a ton of new people that you get to meet and interact with.
- The reward is so worth it
- At the end of the day, that common goal is making Missouri a better place for its citizens. By giving citizens access to their government and holding politicians accountable, the Clean Missouri initiative strives to create a better environment for better laws to be created. And that will create a state government that is open, accountable, and not beholden to special interests.
Help make Missouri better by increasing the integrity, accountability, and transparency in government — join the team at Clean Missouri.
Here are the facts – The Clean Missouri amendment will:
- Lower campaign contribution limits for state legislative candidates
- Eliminate almost all lobbyist gifts
- Require politicians wait two years before becoming lobbyists
- Require that legislative records be open to the public
- Ensure that neither political party is given an unfair advantage when new maps are drawn after the next census, by asking a nonpartisan expert to draw fair legislative district maps, which would then be reviewed by a citizen commission